Our Curriculum Rationale
At Grove Park we want our children to:
- Become curious learners who are able to work independently and collaboratively with great resilience.
- Be respectful, well mannered, socially aware and environmentally conscious both in our locality and in the wider world.
- To be confident children who show a willingness to learn.
- Have high aspirations for themselves.
- Have a love of reading and are able to articulate their learning effectively.
- Be able to think deeply and critically about their learning.
To enable this to happen we:
- Teach from a broad and balanced curriculum, which is relevant to our community and the ever-changing world we live in.
- Create an environment where children are inspired to love learning.
- Teach a progressive, spiral curriculum that revisits previous knowledge which enables the children to make links in their learning and to allow opportunities for retrieval of knowledge to ensure that learning is embedded.
- Value children’s academic, physical, social and spiritual development.
- Have an inclusive environment where our teachers tailor the learning to the needs of our learners.
- Offer exciting opportunities for real life learning and experiences.
- Understand that our curriculum is not a fixed affair, it must adapt with the needs of our community.
- Have subject leaders who are skilled in their subject and use this knowledge to support their colleagues and the curriculum as a whole.
- Provide engaging learning opportunities for all learners.
- Prioritise the physical and mental wellbeing of all members of our school community.